Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Recession Shopping


Most people have noticed the economical changes in the past year. I am lucky to still have a steady job, but I am not making nearly as much as I was last year. End result: less money to spend shopping!

There are, however, a few ways to try to make some money on the side. Today, I took a bunch of my old clothes to Ash and T's consignment in Summerville, SC. After their initial shock at how much I had brought in, they sorted through everything, and I watched as the "keep" pile grew and grew. In the end, I walked out with the "don't keep" pile and $200 cash. Fantastic! I combed Charleston in search for a denim mini, and finally found two perfect (yet totally different) skirts at Style Exchange and Copper Penny in Mount Pleasant. All I had to do was clean out my closet, and I still have some money to spend!

You can also try to do this online, either through CraigsList.org, eBay.com, or Etsy.com for vintage items. I have had success with all three of these, but it does take some effort.

The one benefit of Recession Shopping is that you can find deeper discounts. My 7 for all Mankind skirt was 50% off, and the Diesel skirt I bought was 75% off! Looking through those discount racks is worth it for sure!

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment