Friday, June 12, 2009

DIY Destroyer Denim


So what do you think? I found these Levi Vintage Skinny 582 jeans at Goodwill a few weeks back and decided to tear them up... I went at them with sandpaper, scissors, and a pumice stone. Once I had enough rips and tears, I laid them out on my back "porch" and splattered some bleach over them. It is a good idea to put newspaper or cardboard in the legs of your jeans at this point to prevent the bleach from bleeding through.  I let the bleach work its magic, then washed them twice to get all the bleach out. They are inspired by the Current/Elliot Skinny Jean in Love Destroyed ... which I still want of course!

I styled my DIY Levis with a simple Old Navy tank top, CNC Costume National leather sandals, and yellow bangle bracelets by Chamak. Wearing at least one couture piece with my destroyed jeans takes the outfit to another level - I love playing with complimenting and contrasting thrift and couture!

No comments:

Post a Comment