Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Deal of the Day

Today, I found a pair of Parasuco Denim Cult jeans at Goodwill! They are a black wash, faded to grey. They fit me great around the hips, but were a little too short, so I just turned them into denim cutoffs for summer! They look great, and I can't wait to wear them with a cute yellow top.

I have always been a fan of cutoff "jorts" in the summer time. They are so casual, and you can wear them with anything! A great idea is to first cut them into bermudas, then into 5" inseam, 3" inseam, even 1" if you dare! That way you can let them fray until you can't stand it, and then just cut it all off and reinvent your shorts. I am also a big fan of cuffing the raw seam up - its a good idea to leave an extra inch of length if you plan on doing this. 

Here in Charleston, I have no problem finding premium denim at thrift stores. Today alone, at one Goodwill, I saw Juicy Couture Denim, Blue Cult, Parasuco Denim Cult, and Paper Denim & Cloth. In the past, I have also seen Citizens for Humanity, 7 for all Mankind, Yanuk, Evisu, Guess, Calvin Klein, James Jeans, Salt Works, and many more! It is only a matter of having the patience of looking through all the jeans (they are usually not organized much at all). Another good place to look is on the rack of clothes by the fitting room! Remember - one woman's trash may be YOUR treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment