Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bikini Wishlist

Ah, summer! Here in Charleston, the weather is already plenty warm enough to soak up some sun on the beach, or just in your back yard. Summer also calls for vacations and travels. Whether you prefer a mountain lake or a sandy beach, its the time of year to break out your bikinis! I came to the realization this year that I don't like the triangle string bikinis as much as I used to, and am hoping to invest in a cute and functional two piece with a full coverage bottom for this summer (and many summers to come). Of course I could find a simple boy bottom bikini at Old Navy, but I want something a little more unique (and a lot more quality!). Here are some of my favorites so far, starting with the higher prices and working our way back down. 


This cute High Waist Bikini by Diane Von Furstenberg is so retro-cute! I love the color scheme and the cut is fantastic. The halter top is sexy, yet functional, and the bottoms are anything but ordinary. Not only does this bikini offer a lot of coverage, but the stripes are slimming as well. Available at NeimanMarcus.com for $295. 


This gorgeous Viva Maria! Bikini by Camilla and Marc is available at ShopBop.com for $235. I love the cute ruffles at the sides of the bikini bottom - such a cute full coverage alternative to the boy bottom. And I love the simple ruffle bandeau top with detachable shoulder straps for versatility.



Hayden-Harnett has created the perfect bikini for this spring - pin up sexy, yet forgivingly flattering. I love the cute top with buttons, and the ruffles on the sides of the high waisted boy bottoms. Plus, it is the perfect shade of mineral blue, which will look good even when your tan does not. The Leda Ruffle Bottom Bikini Top is $88, and the Bottoms are $98, available at HaydenHarnett.com. 


I just love this bikini by Juicy Couture, available at NeimanMarcus.com. The Pleated Triangle Bikini Top is $85 and the Skirted Bikini Bottoms are $98. I love the skirted bottom and the ruching throughout.  How flattering!

Now if only these bikinis would hurry up and go on sale! Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment